People say nothing remains.
And I keep wondering whether really nothing remains??
Maybe yes or maybe no
But if, nothing remains than do memories also disappear with time do they also leave us like shading trees losing it leaves one by one.
I kept wondering.
My friends told me to write things I have to do everyday so I won't forget anything this is one of the new things we had started and I must say it works except when I keep searching my glasses still some one remains me of it on my head. And I just smile to them for helping me. Age takes it all doesn't it ??
We have also joined yoga class and like a religion we follow our evening walk routine. We do alot of things nowadays and it is really refreshing. But, still somewhere I keep forgetting some or the other things and it makes me sad sometimes. What if the only memories I have of you I forgot? I thought maybe this is the time my mind will atleast find a peace from you. Will forget you like it never knew you.
I celebrated when I thought this in my mind I took a glass of wine ignoring all the instructions my doctor said and relished it happily. After a hour or so watching my favorite TV shows I saw my glass empty so I went to refill it. I took the bottle of wine and poured it in my glass. I went back to my couch and ate my dinner. After some time I thought of going to walk so I went down. I walked for some time and then sat on the nearby bench. I looked up in the sky it was filled with stars dispersed everywhere. It felt like someone had spread silver glitter on a charcoal paper. It was beautiful. I started looking for moon but found it nowhere. So I thought maybe it might have hidden in the clouds. I waited for it. I was looking here and there when I saw two girls talking and giggling anyone could have said that they were best friends. Looking at them made me miss my best friend so I thought of calling her. And like always she didn't picked up which I understood that she had kept her mobile somewhere else and she is somewhere else. After some time I decided to go as moon had decided not to come out. I went home and was getting ready to sleep but before that I thought of checking a sky once again because when you see stars in the sky without moon an incomplete feeling stays in your heart. I was on my way to gallery when my best friend called.
( conversation starts)
Hello- me
Hi, meeta (my best friend)
So, today where you had forgotted your phone- I asked
Don't ask me I had forgotted it in 12th floor Mishra's house.- meeta replied
So what are you doing ?? - Meeta asked
Nothing much just searching moon. Today sky is filled with stars but moon is no where to be found. - I replied
You had not changed much- Meeta said
Means? - I asked her
Remember you and Anirudh always used to go down in night for walk and used to sit on the bench for hours gazing at the sky making your name from joining stars , searching moon and pleasing it's beauty. - Meeta replied
Hmm yes, I will call you later I am feeling tired I think I will go off to sleep- I said back
Ok gnite dear - Meeta replied
I kept the phone and kept thinking what meeta said I used to do all this with Anirudh and after so many years I still do this like a habit. I looked again in the sky and there it was the beautiful full moon staring at my face proudly as like saying you are wrong you will always remember him because I will never let you forget him. I stared at moon for some more minutes as a warm memories surrounded me same nights, same stars, moon's and same bench we together discussing life, love as the moon and stars smiling upon us. It was beautiful. I was wrong one can't forgot the memories however, old they become as after some times this memories starts becoming our habits...
Monica..

Comments